10 Tips to Save Money Selling a Home
Real Estate Agent in North Carolina
If you are looking for a top rated real agent for a real estate transaction in North Carolina, contact White Stag Realty. Our offices have handled hundreds of real estate transactions and have dozens of five star Google Reviews. Our office believes that coupling superior service with better pricing is the pathway to success. If you want to find out why so many Hoosiers have made the switch to White Stag Realty, call our office at 980-777-4440 to learn more or click here to visit our home page or here to contact our office on the web.
10 Tips to Save Money Selling Your Home:
- Price your home competitively. The asking price is one of the most important factors in how quickly a home sells. If you price your home too high, it will likely sit on the market for longer, which can lead to additional costs such as carrying costs and property taxes. On the other hand, if you price your home too low, you may leave money on the table. To get an accurate idea of what your home is worth, consult with a real estate agent or appraiser.
- Make minor repairs and updates. A fresh coat of paint, new hardware, and updated landscaping can make a big difference in how buyers perceive your home. However, it is important to focus on cosmetic updates that will give you the biggest bang for your buck. Avoid major renovations, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Buyers want to be able to envision themselves living in your home, so it is important to remove any personal items that could distract them. This includes family photos, souvenirs, and religious items. Decluttering will also make your home appear more spacious and organized.
- Stage your home. Staging is the process of arranging furniture and accessories in a way that is appealing to buyers. If you are not confident in your ability to stage your home yourself, you can hire a professional stager. However, there are also a number of DIY staging tips that you can follow.
- Take high-quality listing photos. The first impression that buyers have of your home will be from your listing photos. Make sure to take clear, well-composed photos that show your home in its best light. If you are not comfortable taking your own photos, you can hire a professional photographer.
- Write a compelling listing description. The listing description is your opportunity to sell your home to potential buyers. Be sure to highlight the features and benefits of your home, and use persuasive language that will make buyers want to see it in person.
- Market your home effectively. There are a number of ways to market your home, both online and offline. Be sure to list your home on major real estate websites, and promote it on social media. You can also hold open houses and distribute flyers in your neighborhood.
- Be flexible with showings. Buyers are often busy, so it is important to be flexible with showings. Be willing to show your home on evenings and weekends, and give buyers as much notice as possible.
- Negotiate effectively. When you receive an offer, be prepared to negotiate. Don’t be afraid to counteroffer, and be willing to compromise. The goal is to reach an agreement that is fair to both you and the buyer.
- Use a Top-Rated Discount Broker Like White Stag Realty. White Stag Realty provides top level service to residential sellers and buyers in North Carolina to help our clients achieve their real estate goals while saving on commission! For homeowners looking to sell, we offer discounted listing agent commission rates – as low as 1%! This means a homeowner can save THOUSANDS of dollars selling their home, retaining more of the equity from the property. In addition to our competitive rates, we provide full brokerage services for every transaction that match (and often exceed) the level of service provided by our competitors.
For clients looking to buy a home, White Stag agents find properties that meet specific search criteria, schedule and coordinate all showings, negotiate offers, request repairs noted from inspections, and get our clients to the closing table for their new home.
What makes White Stag Realty truly unique is that our agents are full-service realtors who represent our clients at a fraction of the cost of many of our competitors.
Many of our clients ask how we can provide full service real estate agents at such competitive rates. While commission rates are always negotiable, it is common for listing agents to charge a commission between 3 to 4%. These high commission rates were justified several decades ago. Buying or selling a home prior to the widespread usage of digital technology was indeed a slow process. For example, if a potential buyer wanted to see pictures of a home, the buyer’s agent had to coordinate with the seller’s agent to obtain physical photographs of the home from the seller’s agent, and then meet with the client in person merely to show the client actual pictures of the property. Similarly, if a client wanted to see a home in person, the buyer’s agent had to schedule the showing by phone, drive to the seller’s agent, get a key for the home from the seller’s agent, drive to the home, conduct the showing, and then drive back to the seller’s agent to return the key. Advances in technology, that we now take for granted, have significantly streamlined the process of buying or selling a home. These technological advances include automated syndication of MIBOR MLS listings to other real estate websites including Trulia and Zillow, bluetooth-enabled sentrilock lockboxes, and digital scheduling of showings. The process for buying or selling a home has become streamlined over the past few decades.
How much can you save using a 1% low commission White Stag Real Estate Agent? Here is an example: if you are selling a $1,000,000 home and use a White Stag Real Estate Agent with a 1% listing commission, this would save you $25,000 compared to a 3.5% listing commission.
Advances in technology have made it far more efficient to buy or sell a home. Unfortunately, these efficiencies have not been passed on to the public. The high commission rates seen in today’s market take advantage of trusting consumers. White Stag Realty was created to pass these savings on to our clients.
Whether you plan on acting in the near future, or are just looking ahead, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call. We look forward to hearing from you.